My Home Office / Blogging Space

Monday, February 09, 2015
Workspace 1

One thing that I was dead-set on when I got my room re-decorated was having a space to dedicate as my blogging area. After over two years of blogging from sofas, beds and living room tables, things started to get a bit hectic. I had nowhere to keep all of my blogging supplies (like notebooks, pens, pretty flowers!) & so decided to make my own blogging-sanctuary in a corner of my bedroom. I've been using this area for a little over 3 months now and to say I'm loving it would be an understatement.

As you can see in the photo above, do most of my blogging on an HP Pavilion laptop. This was a recent birthday present upgrade as my previous laptop was on it's last legs. I'd forgotten how fast a normal laptop was! Beside my laptop I keep my Liberty's notebook which contains all of my post ideas, plans and schedule. The big whiteboard behind my laptop has quickly become my favourite tool for blogging, it's a lifesaver! On here I keep some pieces of writing and photographs that I need to do. There's nothing more motivating than having a giant board of tasks staring at your face every day!


Workspace 2

To the left side of my blogging desk I keep my magazines, books & candles. The magazines I have on display here are by Porter & I keep them here so I can reference them. I get some inspiration for my beauty posts from these magazines so I keep those here to give myself a little motivation. I think they look pretty too! The book I keep is Lauren Conrad's Beauty book, again, full of beauty tips that can inspire some beauty blog posts. If you want to know more about this book I did a very old review on it which you can read here.

I received this Elixir candle for my birthday earlier this month & in typical beauty blogger style, I like to have candles burning whilst I'm typing away. I alternate between this and Yankee Candle's Baby Powder which is my favourite ever candle & scent. Anything baby powder I'm obsessed with - even fragrances! Finally I keep a small cacti from IKEA to make the whole area a bit more colourful.

Workspace 3

This area is what I like to call my 'beauty corner' where I keep some perfumes, eyelash curlers, flowers & Essie's nail polish in Fiji. Keeping my perfumes here makes it easy to douse myself in fragrance before I head out the door. My two favourites at the moment are Jo Malone's French Lime Blossom  (which I'm very sadly almost out of - boo!) and The Library of Fragrance's Baby Powder scent. See, more baby powder! I also have no idea why I keep lash curlers or the nail polish here, except for the fact that they look pretty!

Workspace 4

I can finally say that after a bit of altering, swapping around and beautifying, this is where the majority of the posts you read on my blog are written (minus the work-from-bed days. They're inevitable). The final thing I have on my desk is a bunch of fresh flowers. Tulips are my favourite flowers at all time and so I feel the need to put them where I see them everyday. I would tell you a real, practical reason as to why they're placed here but the truth is, I just think they look pretty!

Where do you blog from? Do you have a special 'blogging space'?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.