Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Too Faced is quickly becoming one of my favourite high-end brands and the latest addition to my Too Faced collection is the Chocolate Bar palette. I'm a neutral shadow girl at heart and although I like to think I can rock MAC's Blue Brown pigment on a daily basis, it just doesn't happen for me. Being the neutral lover I am I'm surprised I didn't pick it up earlier, what with all of the hype around it for the past few months!


The palette contains 16 gorgeous eye shadows, ranging from light beiges to deep maroons - there's even a gorgeous purple shade thrown in there! Two of the shadows are highlight shades; one matte, bone colour and the other a pinkier shimmer. One of my favourite shades from the palette is Salted Caramel which I use as a transition shade in my crease. The large matte highlight (White Chocolate) is great for setting eyeshadow bases and the sparkly, deep brown (Black Forest Truffle) looks stunning as a pop of something different on the lid.

The texture of the eye shadows is really something to write home about. Unlike some shadows I've tried from the likes of MAC, they're extremely pigmented yet don't produce a lot of excess powder when you dip a brush in. They're really easy to blend, the shade range is stunning and they look gorgeous on the eyes.


One thing I love about this palette is the smell when you open it - it smells like a real chocolate bar! I love almost everything about this palette; the pigmentation, the smell, the large mirror, but one thing I don't like is how the shadows aren't named. You do get a small sheet of acetate with the names on but silly me threw that away, meaning I have to do a quick Google search every time I want to know the name of a specific shadow. The Semi-Sweet Palette, however, does have the names in the palette so I guess they've learned from their mistake!

Have you tried this palette? What do you think of it?