The Reading List

Monday, April 27, 2015
To be honest, I'm not that much of a reader. When it comes to blogs, websites or even magazines I'm all for a good read, but the lack of pictures and amount of words in a book scares me out of reading them. Due to being a very visual person, quite often books catch my eye & I trick myself into thinking I'll actually get round to reading them if they sit looking pretty on my desk. Needless to say it never works. However in an attempt to start reading more and expand on my book knowledge, grammar & vocabulary, I'm making an effort to get reading something non-internetty.

The Books On My Reading List by a UK Beauty Blog


IT - ALEXA CHUNG
When I was talking about books looking pretty, I was mainly talking about this one. Who wouldn't want a pastel pink book with a nice font (and Meenie's paw prints!) on their desk? Plus, Alexa Chung is one of my all-time favourite style icons so buying this was a no-brainer for me. I did have a flick through and saw that it has quite a few photos/illustrations in, so I guess this will be the first book I attempt to tackle!

THE FAULT IN OUR STARS - JOHN GREEN
I have actually read this before but fell into the trap where you read the words, don't actually take them in & re-read them over and over again. I've also attempted to read it on around 10 different occasions. once I've started reading, I won't stop. when I do eventually put the book down I tend to lack the motivation to pick it back up & continue where I left off. If I manage to finish 'IT', I'll try this again and re-read it (and actually take it in!) before I watch the movie.

AN ABUNDANCE OF KATHERINES - JOHN GREEN
This was one that I picked up along with TFOIS because I'd researched that it'd be an author that I'd like to read. I'm your typical girl when it comes to books; airy-fairy, romantic teen books are what I tend to go for. This book is along the young adult novel genre so I think this would be a good read for me!

Have you read any of these books? What's on your reading list?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.