Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Review

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

When it comes to mascaras, I think Maybelline do some of the best. I've been a huge fan of their mascaras ever since I started wearing makeup, with their newest launch, Lash Sensational, being my daily tool for my lashes. I randomly picked up Great Lash when I had a coupon for some money off & I had high hopes considering it was Maybelline, but I have to say, I really am disappointed.

This reminds me a lot of their Brow Drama, which I reviewed & hated last year. It did nothing for my brows despite the ambitious name, and added nothing but a horrible texture. I feel like this is the same but just for my lashes. The wand is nothing fancy and is pretty bog-standard, but the formula itself just doesn't 'grip' to my lashes so doesn't make a difference whatsoever. Because I didn't get along with it to begin with, I left it around 2 weeks and tried it again. Still the same results - no difference.

From what I've read on other blogs, this mascara seems to be pretty hit-and-miss. Another thing I really don't like about this is the packaging. It's bright and stands out in my mascara collection, but I can't help think it looks like one of those cheap lip glosses you get from an 8 year old's magazine. Overall I'm really not a fan of this & for an extra £2, I'd definitely recommend picking up Lash Sensational instead!

What's your favourite mascara?