The Smell Test

Wednesday, July 16, 2014



To me, there's nothing better than a gorgeously smelling makeup product. It just makes the whole makeup application experience much more interesting, pleasurable and exciting and I'm much more inclined to wear something that smells good than one that smells full of chemicals. Over the past few months I've been forcing new makeup products to go under what I like to call "The Smell Test". Yes, I sit in my room sniffing all of the latest lip glosses and yes, there are some goodens!

Bourjois' Chocolate Bronzer was an easy one to pass the test - it smells like chocolate. What's not to like?! I also love the smell of MAC lipsticks. Unless you own one of these, I literally cannot describe the smell but they all smell the same. I would say something along the lines of a Vanilla, buttery scent? Anyway, I love it, making my lipstick application a good experience.

I also love the smell of the L'Oreal Glam Shine lip glosses, which smell like candyfloss and sweets. It's delicious! The Rimmel Apocalips also have a really distinctive smell and when I first got this, I said it reminded me of my Grandma's house. It smells like some sort of fruit that my gran used to cook in one of her fruit pies. I'm still undecided on whether I like the smell so this has taken a bit of a backseat in the lip department.

Of course, I had to mention the Chanel Rouge Coco Shines. I didn't expect anything less from Chanel than to have gorgeous smelling lipstick in a gorgeous, sleek packaging. These smell like the signature scent you get when walking past a Chanel counter is the scent you get when applying this onto your lips. Sheer luxury.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.