Poppa's Pocket Chicken

Wednesday, July 30, 2014


One of my favourite meals of all time is something I like to call Poppa's Pocket Chicken. My dad's been making this for the past few months and I've fallen more and more in love with it every time I eat it. "Pocket Chicken" is basically a chicken fillet stuffed with mozzarella cheese, bacon bits and wrapped in bacon. The bacon makes it slightly unhealthy so I like to eat it with a small jacket potato, yet I still never manage to eat the lot!

I've been really getting into keeping an eye on what I eat lately. Of course, this isn't the healthiest meal of all due to the bacon bits but the grilled chicken and jacket potatoes are full of protein and good vitamins. It's got to be better than a Chicken Sandwich meal from McDonalds, hasn't it?! This is so easy to make, simply fry the bacon and slow cook the potatoes, cut the chicken fillet in half, stuff it and cook it. That's it. A delicious, quick meal as simple as that!