Another Failed DIY...

Wednesday, April 02, 2014
Seen as though this blog is a place for me to share everything, I thought I'd document a little DIY that failed massively. The DIY Sharpie Mug from A Beautiful Mess is something that I've been wanting to do for a while but every time I go out, I forget to pick up a Sharpie.


So all you need is a cup that you want to draw on and a Sharpie/any other permanent marker. You simply draw on whatever you want then place the mug into the oven for about 10-15 minutes on about 180 degrees. Now everything was fine for me up to this point - I tested my typography skills and just typed in 'tea quotes' to Pinterest. I pretty much covered the mug as well as the handle and then it was fine.

The part where this failed was when I came to wash it. The original post says that it should be fine when handwashed, but dishwasher-ing was where it perhaps flawed. Wrong. I washed this gently with normal Fairy Liquid washing up liquid and all of my efforts and time had been completely wasted. Within as little as two washes, the markings were gone and I was back to my original, boring mug. :(


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.