Learning to Love

Thursday, April 10, 2014
It's no secret that I love to buy makeup, but sometimes I buy into the hype and it's really not worth it. The majority of the time, there's products that have gradually worked their way to the back of my makeup drawer and I've not even noticed they're missing. Yesterday I made a conscious effort to dig through my stash and give them another go.

Real Techniques are the best brushes I've ever tried and have aquired quite a collection; but I just can't get my head around the blush brush. It's too big for my face so blusher gets applied from beneath my eye to next to my chin in one sweep. I also think that there's not enough bristles in the brush itself - the bristles spread out too much for me and leaves patches of pink all over my face. Not a good luck, trust me.

I also haven't gotten along with the Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist. I didn't actually pay for this so it doesn't bother me that much as I got it as a birthday gift from Space NK, but I just can't seem to find a use for it. I'm not a fan of the smell and I've applied it in many ways but never seem to know what it's supposed to do. 

The YSL Touche Eclat is one of my biggest gripes. The huge £25 price tag is total waste of money for me as I really don't see the difference between this and a drugstore concealer. Because I'm so pale, it doesn't really highlight and just acts as a really sheer concealer for me. I think this is an appropriate time to be jealous of the Americans once again... At least they can return makeup. Boo.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.