Family Time

Thursday, February 20, 2014
One of my favourite things in the whole entire world is to combine "family time" with good food. Whilst visiting friends, my mum, brother and I decided to go see them as well as have some good food so we settled on the Old Rectory in Stockport. Although it took over an hour to get there, it was definitely worth the wait!


We'd never been here before but we all really enjoyed it. The food was delicious and although the restaurant was jam packed, it only took fifteen minutes from ordering to the food arriving on the table! This is a Fayre & Square pub so basically, you get certain foods including certain meals. I'm a bit of a "food snob" as my mum tells me so I usually get put off by that... How wrong was I? The mixed grill was gorgeous and we all ended up topping our meals off with a Dip & Share Chocolate Fondu. They'd ran out of strawberries but was replaced with flakes and chocolate wafers. The idea was good but the chocolate sauce just tasted very watery. Overall, this was a very cheap & cheerful pub restaurant and although the food was delicious, I'd sadly not recommend the dessert!