MAC Rebel Lipstick Review

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of bold lipsticks. Anything from MAC's Russian Red to the Kate Moss 107 lipstick, I'm obsessed with. There's just something about bold lipsticks that I can't put my finger on but I can't get enough of them. An old bold lipstick favourite of mine is MAC's Rebel; one that I loved last year but somehow found it's way to the back of my makeup collection and not been used since. In a bid to downsize my collection and get use out of my old products, I 'shopped my stash' and fell in love with this all over again.

Rebel is a deep purple shade that looks much darker in the tube than on the lips. It's a shade that pulls off a gorgeous, pinky-purple shade against all skin types and it looks surprisingly good on fair skin. My favourite thing about this is how versatile it is. In the Autumn time I wear it plastered all over my lips for the darkest colour & in the Spring, I tap a small bit into some lip balm and it gives a stunning stain-like effect.

It's one of the most pigmented lipsticks I have in my collection and I'm yet to find a shade like it. The finish is Satin; a semi-matte finish that has a slight amount of sheen. I love this finish because it makes my lips look more plump & let's face it, we all want a bit of whatever Kylie Jenner has had recently! The only thing I'm not a fan of is that it dries my lips out slightly but that's easily resolved by popping on a bit of lip balm before hand.

Overall I'm a huge fan of this and I'm so glad I have found my love for it again! What's your favourite all-round lipstick?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.