We've all been there. "My blog needs updating as I haven't posted in a while but I can't think of anything to post... Help!". Trust me, I go through phases like this almost every other week but I like to use these little tips to help me get out of a little creative rut and come back with fresh, imaginative and new content. Let's face it, making sure a new post is published every other day is exhausting. I don't know how daily bloggers do it!
- Take your camera and go for a walk, photographing anything and everything.
- Don't force things - forced posts are noticable.
- Read other blogs and take inspiration.
- If necessary, use a filler topic like a wishlist. It should keep your blog covered for an extra few days.
- Read a book!
- Brainstorm. Get as many ideas as you can down on paper when you're at your most creative, then come back to it as a source of inspiration for when you're stuck.
- Take time off! You don't have to feel pressure to blog. It's your blog. You make the rules.