Covering All Bases

Thursday, June 12, 2014

This post is aimed at all of you - whether you like little to full coverage foundations, I have the pick of the bunch. I'm personally a fan of full coverage but it seems it's primarily the higher end of the price scale that cater for such pale skin. Boo hoo. I have, however, found an amazing drugstore dupe for an amazing high-end MAC foundation and trust me, it really is amazing.

The Magic Finish Makeup
For me, this is by far the most interesting of the lot. My mum bought this M.Asam Magic Finish Makeup off QVC a while back and yes, I know what you're thinking. "Elise, you're so pale... Why are you wearing a foundation of that shade?", well trust me, it's magic. It works to the natural colouring of your skin to make your skin look healthier and more radiant. This stuff really is magic.

The BB Cream
I'm not a fan of BB creams, but the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream is one of the best that I've tried and the best thing about it? It's only a few quid. By saying it is an 8-in-1 product, it has a lot to live up to. I like to wear this on the days that I really want a nice, natural base that isn't too cakey or heavy. It's slightly too dark for me so I really need to buff it in to make it as seamless as possible. 

The Radiant Foundation
If you're a fan of healthy, glowing skin, the Rimmel Wake Me Up is my pick of the bunch. I don't wear this often as again, the shade is a teenie bit too dark for me and I prefer matte skin, but I tend to whip this out on special occasions.

The Drugstore Full Coverage
L'Oreal's True Match foundation is a new found love for me. I documented my love for it when I reviewed it here and I'm still as in love with it now as I was when I bought it. This is an amazing dupe for MAC's Studio Fix Fluid foundation and it even caters for my pale skin. This can also be applied very sparingly for a medium coverage yet built up to make it fuller. For only £10 a pop, this stuff is da bomb.com.

The Full Coverage Blow-Outs
Ahh, my favourites! My all-time favourite foundation has to be MAC's Studio Fix Fluid. The shade NW10 is absolutely perfect for me, I love the matte finish and is not mega expensive. If you could fall in love with a foundation, this would be my number one choice. Another full coverage blow out that I like is the NARS Sheer Glow foundation. This is my choice for when I've fake tanned as it really doesn't work for me when I'm at my palest. This is similar to Studio Fix but it gives my skin a slightly more radiant finish whilst still being matte.... Does that make sense?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.