Shopping My Stash

Friday, May 23, 2014

I'm a typical beauty blogger in the sense that my makeup stash is overflowing. I have things in my collection that I bought for years, and have not worn since the orange-face-white-neck phase passed. It's very therapeutic going through makeup that reminds you of a specific point in your life and it feels strange to have a trip through memory lane. Well, this intro was a little deeper than I was expecting but anyway, here's what I found when I shopped my stash!

The L'Oreal Superliner used to be my favourite liner to create a gorgeous wing. Now, almost a year later, I like to think that I'm much better at eyeliner (and blogging for that fact) than I was back when I reviewed it here. I tried this again and although it's a little dried up, it's still amazing to create a gorgeous cat eye. I also found the Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pink Gold - another that I had fallen in love with an then forgotten about. I've been using this more recently as a shimmery base to put eyeshadows on and it's still as amazing as it was last year.

I also found the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle. This was a surprise for me because when I bought this, I loved it. However, it slowly made it's way to the back of the makeup drawers and when I pulled it back out again, I didn't understand what made me love it so much. Perhaps it's because now I prefer subtle, cream highlighters but this, I really didn't get along with, despite how gorgeous it looks in the pan.

Sleek blushes were my favourite blushes back in the day and I was surprised that I still had one lurking at the back of my collection. This one is in Rose Gold and is an amazing dupe for NARS' Orgasm blush. The packaging is still difficult to open but the pigmentation and colour is still as gorgeous as ever.

The real gem I found throughout this little shopping trip is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz. I only bought this a few months ago and at the time, I completely despised it and really couldn't understand the hype. Now, I'm in love. I won't babble on too much as I feel I already have in previous posts but this is defined, natural brows in a stick.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.