Christmas Bedroom Decor

Thursday, November 20, 2014
Bedroom 1

When it comes to bedroom decor or anything to do with Christmas, I'm all over it like a rash. It's gradually become more and more of a little obsession of mine to go to IKEA and have a nosey round, looking for inspiration and ideas that I can do to spruce up my room. I'm a perfectionist and get bored very easily so the basic features of my bedroom are white, and soft furnishings are red to get a bit of the Christmas spirit. The one thing I love about having white pieces is how easy they are to change. If I was to replace the red items in my room with another colour, the room would feel brand new.

Bedroom 2 Bedroom 3 Bedroom 4 Bedroom 5

On a recent trip to IKEA with my mum, I was instantly drawn to the reds and greys. I'm not a huge lover of colour (hence why my bedroom is mainly white!) but I think by adding a few red items such as candles, pillows and blankets, it makes the room have much more personality. One of the favourite things I picked up was this grey, red & white blanket that is one of the coziest blankets I have. Beneath that I lay my cream blanket, also from IKEA to pull out the creams in the pillows.

I also put a string of fairy lights around my DIY-ed headboard with warm lighting, again, to make it cosier for when I do my midnight blog-reading sprees. Because the lights were too long and I didn't like the look of them being double-wrapped, I put the extra lights in a glass bowl beside my bed. On my bedside table I also have my Liberty floral notebook & a vase of white flowers that I accessorized with a little red ribbon. I also put this ribbon on the twisty-thing of my blinds, my wardrobe handles and the little candle dish where I display some of my jewelry.

I decided that it was finally time to put the tree up - even though we're still 10 days off the 1st of December, I couldn't wait! Do you usually Christmas-ify your bedroom?