Writing for Me

Wednesday, January 06, 2016
Wow, so this is weird.

I've been blogging for almost four years of my life, both personally and professionally, and I don't actually know where to start. It's not often I'm lost for words but to come back to this space and have it feel like a ghost-town is really hard to explain.

It's no secret that this space hasn't had my full attention over the past few months and for the second half of last year, it dawned on me that the reason I don't feel like coming back to this space is down one thing: the blogging community.


I've been thinking about how much the blogging community on a whole has changed and after sitting behind a Twitter chat completely silent, it really gave me a kick up the arse to get out here and make this space what I want it to be.

The latest makeup launch and half-arsed comments saying 'love this post, check out mine' became tiresome and I felt like I wasn't writing for me. Writing is my biggest hobby and it's a true love of mine, but I don't feel like this space has became what I want it to be.

Lipsticks, bronzers and the latest pair of silver earrings are great, but it's not me.

The immense pressure which comes with the association of being a 'beauty blogger' requires dedication, determination and skill; all of which I don't feel like is what I'm prepared to give.

There are times when I'd think about something and feel limited to excluding it from my blog due to it not being beauty related. Yes I still love makeup and I'll always be trialing out new products, but is it worth writing about them just because it's what other people want to read? There is so much more to life than that. Experiences, stories and real-life opinions is what I want to be sharing, whether that is beauty-related or not.

In short, what I'm trying to say is that this is not what I want to be writing about right now. This space is going through a huge overhaul and if you want to stick around and experience the new wave of content, you're more than welcome. If you don't want to hear about it, that's perfectly fine too but there's one thing I need to remember - I'm writing for me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.