New In: Makeup Geek

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

If there's one brand that I've seen hyped-up to the heavens, it's Makeup Geek. Since it's only readily-available in the US, the cost of shipping & delivery time has put me off ever ordering from them. Earlier this month was my birthday so I thought I'd treat myself to a litter order - it's safe to say it won't be my last! As soon as my parcel came I photographed it, swatched and then played around, ending up wearing way too much makeup for a Tuesday morning... Isn't that always how makeup deliveries play out?

I picked the shades Creme Brulee and Bitten along with the Soft Dome brush. I have to say, I really am pleasantly surprised with the brush - it's softer than most of my other eye brushes so it won't scratch your eyelid, yet it's packed enough to blend the products out gorgeously. I'm also in love with the eye shadows (which are AMAZING dupes for MAC!) and the shades I picked were Creme Brulee and Bitten. Creme Brulee is a gorgeous peachy-sand shade which blends out other eye shadows like a dream, and Bitten is a stunning maroon-purple shade that looks amazing in a warm smokey eye.


One thing I have to note is how much I prefer them to MAC shadows. They're exactly the same size as MAC but the quality is so much better. I've found MAC shadows to be a bit hit-and-miss - some I love and I swear by, but some just aren't pigmented enough and are a pain to blend. With these two from Makeup Geek comes none of them problems and although I've only tried two, the two I have tried are heaps better. The only thing which I'm not too keen on is the fact that there isn't a magnet in them so even though they fit in a MAC palette, they won't stay in place without the insert. I suppose it's not a huge problem - I could always buy a Z Palette.

Overall I'm SO impressed with these and I can't believe I didn't order them earlier! At around £5 a pop, they're a third the price of MAC and much, much better. What do you think? Have you tried Makeup Geek?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.