5 Things: Red Lips

Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Top 5 Red Lips

 photo RedLips_zps2f188915.jpg

If there's one thing I like to think I know in the realms of beauty and makeup, it's red lipstick. Over the past few years of experimenting with makeup I found that finding the confidence to wear red lipstick is just as difficult as attempting to contour my chubby hamster-like cheeks, and that's not easy. I think I've moved on a fair bit since the smudgy lipstick-on-teeth days and can safely say that I think I've found the best products for pulling off a red lip.

My first option has to be the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Hot Pepper. I won't drone on too much about this as I bet you're sick to death of me rambling about it but it's the longest lasting red lip I think you'll ever find, with a liquid formula and matte finish. The newest addition to my red lip collection is NARS' Satin Lip Pencil in Cruella. Jumbo lip pencils have been one of my favourite lip formulas lately and this one in particular doesn't disappoint. It's long lasting, bold and matte - three of my favourite things to find in a lip product.

Another jumbo lip pencil that I love has something a little unique that I wouldn't usually go for, but I love nonetheless. Revlon's Colorburst Balm in Provocateur is a similar shade as Hot Pepper but glossy instead of matte. Due to the finish it isn't as long lasting but it's guaranteed to make your lips look plump, juicy and super glossy. Kate Moss' 107 lipstick is a cult product in the blogger world and I can definitely see why. It's slightly on the berry side with it's purple undertones but I love it so much that I couldn't not include it in this round-up. The last lipstick holds a special place in my heart and is my favourite out of the bunch. MAC's Russian Red was the first bold lipstick I ever bought and I love it as much now as I did two years ago. It's slightly more drying than your usual matte lip but the classic red shade with teeth whitening effects are enough to make me chose this over the rest!

W H A T ' S   Y O U R   F A V O U R I T E   R E D   L I P S T I C K ?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.