Weekend Notes & Links 01

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Happy Sunday! I feel like I need a bit of a minute for a catch up with you as a lot has changed over here within the past few days. First of all let's note the most obvious - the name change. Since I started my blog, my URL was my real name. I hated it and only used that because I couldn't think of something better. I felt like I needed a 'real' blog name to change the direction I want my blog to go in (more on that later) and so I settled on Peonies in Paris.

I spent most of my week changing usernames, links and swapping over domain names (which is always a pain to do) and now I think almost we're fully switched over - just waiting for Bloglovin' to transfer followers from my old to my new URL. My TwitterInstagram and Pinterest names have changed and of course, my URL.

The main reason why I wanted the name change was to re-brand my blog. It became mundane to log on and write just about beauty. Don't get me wrong I still love trying out makeup and telling you all about it, but it just became a bit too restricting. From now on, I'm trying now to refer to this website as a blog as I want it to be more of an online magazine. Peonies in Paris is going to become an online lifestyle and beauty magazine, updated more frequently with inspiration, cute photos and all things girly. I can't promise that a small part of the name change was so I could include mini Eiffel Towers everywhere but we'll get to that at a later date.

So, this is where I need your help. What would you like to see on here? What are your favourite features? I have a few ideas - starting with this one where every Sunday I sit and write about the week and what's going on, along with six photos I love and some links I think you will enjoy clicking through. Let me know if you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Links I've loved:

○  This article on re-creating childhood photos
○  61 quotes that will make you feel beautiful
○  The cutest village ever?
○  An all-too-familiar feeling of spending too much at a makeup counter.
○  The 13 commandments of Instagram
○  Personality tests! I'm INFJ, what are you?
○  Finding your purpose & doing what you love

Have a great Sunday! XO 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.