The Best Matte Red Lipstick

Friday, July 31, 2015

If you're trying to find the perfect red lipstick that is matte but not drying, red but not too TOWIE-like, look no further. MAC's Russian Red has been my go-to lipstick for as long as I can remember, which is why I'm surprised I haven't done a full review of it on my blog!

One swipe of this lipstick and you're seriously good to go. It is so extremely pigmented that you only need one tiny sweep of it and it'll last all day. Because it has blue undertones, it also has the teeth-whitening effect. You really do need a lot of patience and time to put this on because it is incredibly staining if you get in the wrong place! I use a Real Techniques detail brush to get a fine defined line as it's quite difficult to apply and not have it smudge everywhere. I'd definitely recommend the Cherry lip pencil, again from MAC to just make the line of your lip defined and precise and also to act as a base to make it stay putt for longer. As for staying power, I've found it to last around a good 4-5 hours before I need to reapply.

Overall, I would really recommend this to anyone looking for the ultimate bright red. It's a timeless intense blue-toned red, and would really suit just about everyone.  I can almost guarantee that if you wore this out, you'd get at least one comment on how amazing it looks.

What's your favourite red lipstick?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.