MAC Lovelorn Lipstick Review

Thursday, July 16, 2015

The latest addition to my MAC lipstick collection is Lovelorn, it's a beautiful, natural mid-toned pink with cool undertones. It reminds me of a less-sheer sister of Creme Cup (review here) but with a lustre finish. Lustre finishes are one of my favourites as make your lips look very plump, hydrated and smooth with a slightly glossy finish. They're sheer to begin with but are buildable to give a more opaque colour.

The only thing I'm not over-awed by is the lasting power but I knew that before I bought it. Lustre finishes only last around a few hours and so reapplication is necessary, but I don't mind because it's a gorgeous colour. It also doesn't highlight dryness on the lips which is great in the late Winter when your lips aren't in tip-top condition! I would recommend this lipstick to everyone because it's so wearable and glossy. You can just throw this on if you're in a rush - no need for lip gloss or even a mirror!

I have to say, I still prefer my beloved Patisserie for an everyday lip colour but this is nice for a little something extra.

What's your favourite lipstick?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.