How I Increased My Twitter Following Fast

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

There's no doubting that an active presence on social media can work wonders for blog traffic. I've been an avid Twitter user since I was about 11 years old, so I think I know how to navigate my way around it pretty well. A question that I see a lot of people getting frustrated about is why their social media (especially Twitter) is not growing. Over the past month I've been trialing some techniques to get some more quality followers, and to my surprise it's not been too difficult.

INSTALLING & UNDERSTANDING ANALYTICS
If you're going to start analysing your tweets, it's handy to have installed Twitter Analytics. It shows you a number of things that you can use to your advantage, such as your follower's interests, interactions & engagement rates. As you can see in the graph below, my Twitter following has increased dramatically. Learning what your analytics mean is simple.

grow twitter followers fast and easy


grow twitter followers fast and easy, twitter analytics
TWEET WHAT YOUR FOLLOWERS WANT TO SEE
As you can see, my followers' interests are mainly beauty-related, so I like to tweet about beauty. This will lead to more people retweeting and less unfollowing as you're tweeting what they'd like to see. Another thing that Twitter Analytics is amazing for is tracking your impressions and engagements. The higher the engagements, the more people are going to see it (which counts as an impression).

IMAGES ARE KEY
People are now cottoning on to the fact that images could make-or-break a tweet, with a tweet being 150% more likely to be clicked if a photo is attatched. The majority of people are visual people, so adding a photo to break up text in a person's timeline grabs their attention.

DON'T JUST PROMOTE
I mentioned in my Blogger's Guide to Twitter that Twitter is amazing for promoting blog posts. Before I started this whole experiment, my feed was 50% promotion and 50% normal tweets. I've scrapped that & now I use the 75/25 technique; sharing links to my blog 25% of the time. Nobody likes to follow a person who clogs up their timeline with promotional tweets, so try to balance it out with some normal tweets. It also lets your followers get to know you a bit more!

INTERACT!
Don't be silent. Get involved and make friends, start conversations and ask/answer questions. This way you build up connections with other people in your area & are exposed to more people, meaning more impressions & being more likely for a follow. After all, how is anyone going to find you if they don't know you're there?

Are you following me on Twitter?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.