Without a doubt, my favourite blog post this week was Food for Thought by Daisybutter. Michelle has always been one of my favourite bloggers and the way she writes is something I really do love, and this post especially struck a chord with me. She mentioned how the blogging community used to be post-Twitter chats, and I really do miss the actual blog-focused community on blogging. The times where we'd communicate via blog comments, leave actual meaningful comments and get to know each other via our blogs. I feel like more valuable friendships were formed that way, and I'm really going to make an effort to get to know the people who read my ramblings. I don't know why you do it, but thanks! To get to know you a little more I want to do what Michelle did - ask you some questions.
- Where are you from? And do you blog?
- Do you have any nicknames?
- How was your day?
- What's your least favourite word?
- What made you happy in this past week?
- What did you do for your last birthday?
- What's your favourite hobby (minus-blogging)?
Here's my answers:
- I'm from Manchester (UK) and of course I blog!
- Ever since I was young, my dad has always been the person to give me the most nicknames. He calls me Ellie-bellie (I could eat for England), Sweet Pea and when my neighbor had her daughter, she always called me Melise as she couldn't pronounce my name. She's almost 6 now and still thinks that's my name!
- So far, my day has been great. I'm meeting my boyfriend later for lunch and a movie date - they're my favourite days!
- Moist - even typing it makes me cringe haha.
- Getting another job interview! I've been on a job-search for the past month and I've actually got an interview with a company doing social media and digital marketing... Wish me luck!
- For my last birthday I had a quiet one eating out at a favourite country pub with my family.
- My favourite hobby is probably eating out (surprise surprise). My boyfriend gets sick of the words "can we eat out tonight" hahaha. Sorry Kyle.