starting off: skincare

Tuesday, August 27, 2013
 So after having a snoop around the #bbloggers chat on Sunday night, I saw a little project called #theSOproject. In a nutshell, it basically means 'starting off' and aims to help people who may be new to makeup, or for younger teens. Because I am only 15 but I have been blogging for almost a year, I thought that I could bring my version of this for teens with similar skin and not much money! To read more about #theSOproject, read this post on Steph's blog.

This week's topic is skincare. I know teenage skin is horrible as this is probably the time when you're most likely to get acne, and it is probably the oiliest skin you'll ever have. My skin is oily around my nose and dry everywhere else, just for reference. I've been really getting into my skincare recently, as I've realized that you need a good base to get good makeup. Plus, it's good to start looking after your skin whilst you're young!


So, to kick things off I'll start with a cleanser. On a day to day basis, I use Philosophy's Purity cleanser. This is slightly on the more expensive side, costing £28.50 for 480ml from Boots. This removes waterproof makeup, especially mascara that won't budge! (Benefit's they're real, I'm talking about you.) There's nothing worse than waking up in the morning with panda eyes, even though you've cleansed! A negative to this product is that it doesn't smell the nicest. This is formulated to cleanse and tone in one, which is a bonus for when you don't want to do a full long-winded routine. The formula is quite gel like, and although it doesn't feel the nicest on your skin, it does the job well and leaves your skin feeling beautiful after!

For a spritzer I use Liz Earle's Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer. Again, this is quite expensive, but I bought this in a set with a moisturizer and the infamous Cleanse and Polish. I rarely use this, but when I do my skin feels fresh and light after quite a heavy cleanser.

As my moisturizer I use Simple's Kind to Skin Light moisturizer. Finally, a cheap one! I know what it feels like to not have much money to spend on makeup if you're young and just starting out, but I really do recommend this if you have dry skin. Also, if you have oily skin, moisturizer is your best friend. You need to keep all of the moisture in your skin, as that's what keeps it looking and feeling light and fresh.

For exfoliating I have been trying out this St Ives Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub. How ironic, because I've scheduled this post for when I'll be down in Cornwall! On the tube, it says it works best when you use it 3-4 times a week. I find this to be a harsh scrub, so it would be quite irritative if you was to use it that often! I use this every Sunday. This smells amazing and you only need a pea sized amount so it would last ages! This is cheap too, and you can get it from Boots, Superdrug and even Tesco.

I rarely use eye creams or eye balms, but I bought this one from Simple in Tesco's 3 for 2 offer and I love it! I keep this on my bedside table for mornings when my eyes feel or look red and puffy. This reduces the redness and makes you look that slight big more presentable in the morning!


7 comments :

  1. really want to try the philosophy cleanser! xx

    www.oliviaroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's definitely worth trying xx

      Delete
  2. Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post, I really want to try the philosophy cleanser! :)

    I'm taking part in the project too at bethanyworrall.com if you fancy a checking it out xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should, I love it. Sure, will head over now :) xx

      Delete
  4. Wonderful products...I like your pretty blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.